Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Holding Hands and Pockets


This morning I went for a walk with God. It was needed. This past week has been really tough and this morning was a great time for God to remind me that HE is God (Psalm46:10), that He will never leave me (Hebrews 13:5,6), and that He has loved me with an everlasting love (Jeremiah 31:3).


For a moment, I felt like a little girl who's dad was dropping her off for her first day of school.

I didn't want to let go of his hand and move on with the necessary. Then HE reminded me that I am His little girl and that I may have to go to school, but I never have to let go of His hand. In fact, His hand is ALWAYS on me (Psalm 139:9,10 and Nehemiah 2:18). He is with me no matter where I am, and His gracious hand is on me.


As I walked back to the school from my prayer spot, I had my hands in my coat pockets and realized that I could walk to school holding my FATHER'S hands even with my hands warm in my pockets!


It was awesome!


I know that even when I don't FEEL God, that He is there. The moments when you DO feel Him near you are all the more precious because you've been through the emotional valley...


God is my Father and I am His daughter. I never have to let go of His hand - even when I put my hands in my pockets to keep them warm! And my Father likes that!


Zephaniah 3:17 " The LORD your God is with you, He is mighty to save, He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing."

2 comments: